ONLINE DIPLOMA IN
Esaie Couture Design School has partnered with one of the world's top online learning institutions to provide you an Technical Design Diploma Online Program designed to teach you the core fundamentals and the essentials to your success in fashion.
TECHNICAL DESIGN, PART 1
1. Product Development
2. Fiber and Fabric
3. Line and Design
TECHNICAL DESIGN, PART 2
1. Pattern Making from Slopers
2. Garment Fitting &
3. Adobe Illustrator
YOUR PROGRAM INCLUDES
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Study Planner App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Access 24/7 to online community
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
You will need high-speed internet access to begin your program. You will need access to a Microsoft® Windows® based computer running Windows XP® or later or an Apple® Mac® computer running OS X® or later, and an email account to complete your program
FULL PROGRAM OUTCOME (PARTS 1 & 2)
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of fabrics, embellishments, colors, and style for each garment or accessory to the fashion design process
- Understand the processes and factors involved in fashion designing, production of textile materials, and purchasing materials from suppliers
- Identify the characteristics and properties of common fabrics and the fibers from which they're made, including details on care, cleaning, and how to handle these fabrics when sewing.
- Know the general procedure, equipment, tools, and supplies for flat pattern designing of bodices, necklines, collars, sleeves, skirts and dresses
- Understand how to fit and manipulate a pattern to fit an individuals body
- Recognize the details of successfully managing a design business, including how to purchase professional sewing items, appropriately register a business, price finished products, and use good customer service as a marketing strategy.
- Display the skills involved with setting up your own workspace in Adobe Illustrator including working with multiple art boards and preparing artwork, and explore drawing of basic shapes, drawing and painting complex artwork; working with gradient meshes, custom swatches, brushes, symbols, special effects, and type; combining text with graphics; using image trace and live color and drawings in perspective.
Esaie Couture Design School
38 West 32nd Street, New York, NY 10001