black friday, holiday specials, holiday workshops, Classes, sewing classes, events in Brooklyn NY, fabric, Fabric Store , sewing studio, fun in Brooklyn, NY sewing classes, kids activities in NY, kids activities in Brooklyn, Kids Sewing Classes, Kings County, camps, Brooklyn sewing, sewing in NY, sewing lessons, sip and sew, woven patter, sewing, kids camp, teens, pre teens, tweens, afterschool program, fashion design, fashion, fashion sewing custom clothing, mens tailoring, tailoring course, seamstress, dress making, black friday specials
SKILLS & TECHNIQUES
- Learn to measure the body correctly
- Learn to pattern draft various clothing styles (skirts, pants and jackets)
- Understand the proper tools and fabrications
- Prepare the fabric for cutting
- Learn various jacket pockets
- Add lapels, collar and linings
- Learn pant pocket details and construction
- Learn tailored zipper construction for pants and skirts
- Learn fitting techniques to tweak the final fit
FABRIC & SUPPLIES
- Fabric of choice (depending on project)
- Tailor's chalk and hand needles
COURSE DURATION: 2 hours, 16-week session, once per week + lab time
COURSE RUNS: Tuesdays 5:00pm - 7:00pm
COURSE STARTS: Tuesday October 27th, 2015
- Some industrial sewing machine experience.
© 2009 Esaie Couture Fashion Design School
Learn industrial, professional standards for tailoring ladies' skirts, pants and jackets. Includes construction processes, assembly procedures, selection of trimmings and notions, fabric cutting, and working properties of fabrics and finishes for ladies' tailored clothing. Professional drafting, cutting, garment construction and foolproof fitting techniques to make clothing that fit a woman's body beautifully, and sewn to perfection.
Tailor and instructor Ayao Agbeve was inspired to sew at a very young age. His great talent and work ethic landed him in charge of the alterations department at the US Embassy in his native Togo West Africa. Inspired, he opened his own design business making custom tailored clothing for men and women, before moving to the United States. Ayao speaks fluent French, Spanish and English. He is a great asset to the Esaie Couture Design School.