© 2016 Esaie Couture Fashion Design School
Online Associate's Degree in
You love working with technology and you have a flair for design, right. Then, learn to use both...and turn it into a career as a graphic designer! Get paid to do what you love.
Esaie Couture Design School has teamed up with one of the world's oldest and largest online/distance learning institutions to bring you this Graphic Design Associate Degree Program. Prepare for a career in the field. Your lessons will cover everything you need to know, including graphic design and production, photo image editing, streaming technology, multimedia development, and animation using the Adobe® software included with your program. And, with this online Associate Degree Program, you study at home or on the go, and at a pace that's right for you.
Start your own business, work as a freelance designer, get work in a design studio, advertising agency, publishing house, public relations firm, or almost any company that manufactures a product or offers a service.
- Design and television studios
- Corporate communication departments
- MAT115Intermediate Algebra 3 credits
- INT120HTML Coding 3 credits
- Science Elective (Choose one) 3 credits
Introduction to Biology
- INT205Introduction to Internet Multimedia 3 credits
- INT238Streaming Technology, Multimedia Development, and Animation 3 credits
- GRD225Portfolio Development 3 credits
- SSC130Essentials of Psychology 3 credits
- GRD205Electronic Publishing 3 credits
- GRD208Electronic Publishing Projects 3 credits
- GRD212Corporate Design 3 credits
- Arts and Humanities Elective (Choose one) 3 credits
Introduction to Literature
- Complete all 4 semesters.
- Achieve a cumulative Quality Point Average (QPA) of 2.0 or higher.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Identify different career options available to digital artists
- Understand the correct use of color and its effectiveness in creating designs
- Describe the formal elements of design, including line, shape, form, direction, texture, value, color, and composition
- Use Adobe Illustrator® to create graphics illustrations for print, multimedia and the web
- Use Adobe Photoshop® to create high quality photos, graphics for product illustrations, logos, animations, and websites
- Use Adobe Illustrator® or Adobe Photoshop® to enhance words, phrases or quotations, to communicate effectively with your audience, and use both traditional and contemporary typographic skill
- Use Adobe InDesign® to design an image, brochure, magazine or web page to reach target audiences with printed publications that can be repurposed into interactive digital documents for delivery on the Web and on mobile and tablet devices
- Use brand information to design a package that's appropriate for the target audiences
- Discuss general manufacturing and printing processes related to packaging design
- Use Adobe Dreamweaver® to design and launch a web page using HTML and XHTML
- Design user friendly and visually appealing web pages that include multimedia features such as animation
- Use Adobe Flash® to create animations and allow for user interaction, then integrate the animation and interactions into web pages created with Dreamweaver
- Use Adobe Fireworks® to create graphs, then integrate the graphs into web pages created with Dreamweaver
- Use Adobe Dreamweaver® to design and launch a web page that includes multimedia features such as animation and interactivity
- Create a digital portfolio to use on an interview for an entry-level position
- Demonstrate effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate a high level of inquiry, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate effective quantitative skills
- Demonstrate computer and information literacy
- Demonstrate an understanding of the liberal arts, natural sciences, and social sciences
Tuition Fee: $1,189.00 per semester
Semesterly Payment Options
- Full payment (registration fee included)
- 4 Monthly Installments of $323.50 + $95 Registration Fee
- 3 Monthly Installments of $431.50 + $95 Registration Fee
- 2 Monthly Installments of $647.00 + $95 Registration Fee
Tuition must be paid in full before start of program.
2015/16 Classes open on September 14th, 2015 (open/ongoing enrollment).
- Click "ENROLL NOW" to select a date from our calendar
- You may register now to start on any date on or after September 14th, 2015
Yes, you will receive Adobe® Design Standard and Web Premium software, which includes Illustrator,® Photoshop,® InDesign,® Dreamweaver,® Flash,® and Fireworks.®