In this fun 4 week course, students will learn the fundamentals of art/design. Students will learn illustration & figure drawing . They will explore different kinds of media like, pencil, color markers, collage and fabric, and learn how to design a mini collection with flats and mood boards. Students will be given homework assignments and a final critique.
INSTRUCTOR BIO: The extremely talented Daniel Mayorga studied Graphic Design and Illustration at Sacred Heart University. He also holds a degree in fashion design. Upon graduation, he interned with Kithe Brewster Inc., famous stylist to the stars. His clients ranged from Heidi Klum to Gwyneth Paltrow, Tyra Banks and the House Wives of Atlanta. Daniel is also an experienced and impassioned teacher, helping others achieve their fashion dreams
Fashion Art & Design
* Pencil media - drawing basic shapes, studying light and shadow
* Exploration and discussion of color theory, working with markers, pencils and collage.
* Drawing garments and details - skirts, pants, dresses, etc
* Rendering fabrics with markers, color pencils and other media
* Gathering inspiration
* Developing a mini collection
* Final presentation
Course Duration: 4 Weeks
Classes Run: Sundays 1:30pm - 3:00pm
(Classes start every month)
Tools and Supplies:
Prerequisite: No experience is needed. Open registration.
Esaie Couture Design School
1515 Church Ave, Lower Level
Lower Level (enter through side at E 16th Brooklyn NY 11226