© 2016 Esaie Couture Fashion Design School
ONLINE CERTIFICATE IN
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS
Do you need new job skills to advance in your current position? Or, do you need to improve your small business' performance? Well, Esaie Couture Design School has partnered with the oldest and largest online/distance learning college in the world to bring you Business Management Essentials Certificate course. Even if this information is all new or you are just refining your existing business management knowledge, this certificate program is right for you. You’ll learn topics such as the principles of management, math for business and finance, and business and technical writing. With online classes, you train at home and at a pace that’s right for you. And, you can complete the program in as little as six months!
- The principles of management
- Effective business communications
- Mathematics for business and finance
Course 2 Principles of Management
- Define and correctly use business terms.
- Explain the importance of communication.
- Identify the steps of managerial decision making.
- Explain the relevance of the basic skills required by managers.
- Describe major components of various management perspectives.
- Discuss the ever-increasing employee diversity and the management activities required for the changing workforce.
Course 1 Introduction to Business
- Understand the principles of business ethics and basic economics.
- Compare the different types of business ownership.
- Describe the basics of organizational structure.
- Identify the differences between management and leadership.
- Understand the importance of information technology in today’s business environments.
- You will need high-speed internet access to begin your program. You will need access to a Microsoft® Windows® based computer running Windows XP® or later or an Apple® Mac® computer running OS X® or later, and an email account to complete your program.
- Achieve a cumulative Quality Point Average (QPA) of 2.0 or higher.
- All tuition must be paid in full
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Discuss the various functions of business including competition, economics. accounting, technology and information systems, marketing, management through the phases of starting and growing a business, and management of financial and human resources along with the ethical and social responsibilities of business
- Discuss both the business environment and the manager's role in decision making, planning, organizing, leading, and controlling, and developing an ethical perspective
- Demonstrate understanding of basic mathematical operations including percentages; discounts; interest, present worth, sinking funds, installment buying, pricing, depreciation, investments, insurance, use of symbols and their applications, equations and formulas, and the importance of statistics
- Demonstrate methods of organizing material for a professional setting, by composing business memos, emails, outlines, reports, and proposals using the ABC method
Course 3 Mathematics for Business and Finance
- Use percentages, discounts, and interest formulas effectively.
- Analyze present worth and sinking funds.
- Understand how to buy in installments and price merchandise.
- Explain depreciation, insurance, equations, formulas.
- Discuss investments and statistics.
Course 4 Business and Technical Writing:
- Organize your material logically and systematically.
- Use action verbs effectively and construct paragraphs.
- Conduct research and document sources.
Enrollment opens each semester
More time to complete payment
SPECIAL PRICE 10% Off
Enrollment opens every month
Save by paying in full
(Reg. Price $869)