This 5-session class reveals the techniques you need to know to read a pattern, cut properly and sew to completion a top, skirt or dress. This class is great for those with some beginner sewing machine experience. In each 5-week class you'll create another piece of your wardrobe.
© 2016 Esaie Couture Fashion Design School
10:00am - 12:00pm
AMBER JIMENEZ-GARCIA is a designer, maker and educator from the Inland Northwest. She has a Bachelors of Fine Arts degree from The California College of the Arts in San Francisco focused on fashion design and construction. She manages a fashion brand and works closely with various brands in New York to create clothing and accessories. Her passion for the hand made lead her to spend five years managing a high-end millinery company. She finds joy in sharing the wonderful world of sewing with students of all ages and experience levels and hopes her enthusiasm for making will spark a fire for creativity in her students.
1515 CHURCH AVE
Lower Level (East 16th Street Entrance)
Brooklyn, NY, 11226
SKILLS & TECHNIQUES
- Learn about and choose appropriate fabrics and notions
- Learn to measure your body properly
- Learn to read and custom fit a commercial pattern
- Learn to prepare fabric for layout cutting and marking
- Learn construction techniques for woven fabrics
- Learn proper finishing techniques
FABRIC & SUPPLIES
- 3 yds med. weight muslin fabric
- Machine needles Sz 11 & 14
1122 Coney Island Ave
2nd Floor, Suite 207
Brooklyn NY 11230
- Some sewing machine experience
Having trouble registering?
2:00pm - 4:00pm