© 2009-2015 Esaie Couture Fashion Design School
- Zipper Pouch (can be used as Fold-over Clutch or Cosmetic Case or Device Sleeve)
- Basic sewing-machine operation
- Stitches: Regular stitch, Topstitch
COURSE DURATION: One-time session, 2 hours
- Weekdays: Thursdays 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Weekends: Sundays 2:00pm - 4:00pm
TOOLS & SUPPLIES
- 1/2 yard of heavy cotton, canvas or denim fabric of choice
- 8" to 14" REGULAR, plastic zipper (not an invisible zipper. No metal teeth)
All other sewing tools and equipment are available for use.
This is the perfect workshop to use as a steppingstone for one of our other longer class offerings.
1515 Church Ave (East 16th Street Entrance, Lower Level)
Brooklyn, NY, 11226
Beginner Sewing Workshop
Women, Men, Teens...Learn to sew! In this project-based two-hour beginner sewing class, we'll teach you sewing basics (threading a machine, loading a bobbin, machine control, various machine stitches), even while making the trendiest item out there! You'll make a zippered pouch which can be used as a Fold-Over Clutch, a Kindle/iPad/Device Cover or a stand alone Cosmetic Case. You'll be proud to carry (and show-off) your custom pouch. And, don't worry, you'll receive careful explanations and step-by-step instructions to assemble your project, all in just two hours.
- Choose a convenient course start date
ESAIE COUTURE DESIGN SCHOOL