© 2016 Esaie Couture Fashion Design School
ONLINE DIPLOMA IN
SMALL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Esaie Couture Design School has teamed up one of the oldest and largest online/distance learning institutions in the world to bring you the Small Business Management Career Diploma Program. You'll learn how to market your products or service, find the right sources to finance your business, and write an effective business plan. Small business managers are able to independently run a business, with responsibilities that include market research, financing and budgets, and maintaining business records. We offer online small business courses to help you take the first step towards a career as a small business manager. You can complete this program in as little as two months.
- Supervisory, analysis, administration, and service roles
- For-profit and non-profit organizations and businesses
- Start your own small business
- Starting Your Program
- Preparing for Business Success
- Develop a mission statement.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Identify the typical qualities and behaviors of successful entrepreneurs, and the benefits and drawbacks of starting one's own business, buying a franchise, and purchasing an existing business.
- Develop clear, measurable goals and a comprehensive mission statement for a business.
- Comprehend techniques used in successful networking, including how to make a good first impression, how to introduce your business to a potential contact, listening skills, and how to follow up with a promising contact.
- Distinguish between primary and secondary research and determine appropriate question types for various research situations.
- Establish an effective marketing strategy which includes an advertising platform and a public relations campaign.
- Develop and draft a business plan according to a five-part comprehensive structure.
- Identify an appropriate business structure to match the business plan, including considerations for hiring management and staffing.
- Recognize the features and benefits of different types of funding in order to identify the right money sources for a particular business.
- Understand the range of legal regulations that affect starting a new business, including licenses, zoning approvals, and basic tax knowledge, and apply these to a business plan.
- Identify the components of a solid business team such as employees, suppliers, and distributors, and techniques used in identifying personal and business characteristics that will enhance a business.
- Comprehend the scope and function of the Internet, the advantages and hazards of an online presence, resources for developing an online presence, and features of successful commercial websites.
- Differentiate between types of pricing strategies and business evaluations, and use cost and expense data to prepare a budget as part of a business plan.
- Recognize the features and advantages of well-organized business records and how business records can be used to inform major business decisions.
- Market Research
- Basics of a Business Plan
- Marketing that Works
- Putting Your Business Online
- Preparing a Budget
- Additional Unit Material - CD
You will need high-speed internet access to begin your program. You will need access to a Microsoft® Windows® based computer running Windows XP® or later or an Apple® Mac® computer running OS X® or later, and an email account to complete your program with Penn Foster.
Books and materials not included
Enrollment opens each semester
More time to complete payment
- Your Business Structure
- Legal Requirements and Resources
Special Price 10% Off
(Reg. Price $545)
Books and materials are additional
Enrollment opens every month
Save by paying in full
- Choosing Your Business