SEWING MACHINE BASICS & OPERATION WORKSHOP
- Learn the parts of your machine and how they operate
- Learn to thread the machine
- Learn to stitch properly on a sewing machine using various stitches
- Learn to pinpoint and correct common problems
- Learn to RELAX and have a good time with your machine!
COURSE DURATION: One-time session / 1-hour class
TOOLS & SUPPLIES
- All tools and supplies are included
- Students may bring their own portable sewing machine (optional) if it is in good working condition, and machine manual.
1122 Coney Island Ave, Suite 207 (2nd Floor)
Brooklyn, NY 11230
© 2017 Esaie Couture Fashion Design School
A sewing machine can be one of the most intimidating tools for new and experienced sewists. But it doesn't have to be. Whether you are totally new or you need a refresher, in this workshop we'll teach the basic steps to set up a machine, thread the sewing machine, load a bobbin, stitch properly, make seams and seam finishes. We'll teach the basic components of sewing machine, troubleshooting tips, and more! Learn on ours machines or bring your own (modern or vintage, new or used). Get to know the ins and outs. Gain confidence. Have fun!
Amber Jimenez-Garcia is a designer, maker and educator from the Inland Northwest. She has a Bachelors of Fine Arts degree from The California College of the Arts in San Francisco focused on fashion design and construction. She manages a fashion brand and works closely with various brands in New York to create clothing and accessories. Her passion for the hand made lead her to spend five years managing a high-end millinery company. She finds joy in sharing the wonderful world of sewing with students of all ages and experience levels and hopes her enthusiasm for making will spark a fire for creativity in her students.
1122 Coney Island Ave
BROOKLYN, NY 11230