Sewers are taught a repertoire of techniques to add to their “tool box” of skills, that when added
to a garment, sets it apart. The student can use these “tools” to upgrade the
quality of any garment they choose to make.
SKILLS & TECHNIQUES:
* Learn a specialized set of sewing machine skills
* Learn hand sewing techniques
* Learn various seams, seam finishes, hems, inner construction
* Learn techniques in pressing and finishing
* Create a reference binder of skill samples
Course duration: 2hr, 4 weeks (One session per week + lab time). Choose a day to attend, below...
Runs Evenings: Mon. 6:30pm - 9:30pm (next class starts Jan 26th or Jul 13th)
Runs Daytimes: Wed. 10:00am - 1:00pm (next class starts Apr 19th or Oct 18th)
Runs Weekends: Sun. 5:00pm - 9:00pm (next class starts Jun 3rd or Nov 18th)
Fabric and Supplies:
Students should 2 yds muslin fabric, fabric scissors, paper cutting Scissors, thread, dressmaker pins, #15 bobbins, a seam ripper, hand needles, ruler, tailors chalk, machine needles (#11, #14, #16)
Prerequisite: Some beginner sewing experience