1 HR. SEW STRETCHY (Beginner Stretch Fabrics Sewing) - Brooklyn
- Learn about the correct machine needle for stretch fabrics
- Learn about sewing machine adjustments and stitch selections for stretch sewing
- Learn to stitch properly on stretch fabric, using a regular sewing machine
- Learn to pinpoint and correct common problems
- Learn to RELAX and have a good time with your machine!
- Make a trendy head band (for men or women)
COURSE DURATION: One-time session / 1-hour class
TOOLS & SUPPLIES
- 1 yd Jersey, Lycra or Spandex fabric
- Thread in matching color to fabric
PREREQUISITES: 1 hr Basic Sew
1122 Coney Island Ave, 2nd Floor, Suite 207
Brooklyn, NY 11230
© 2016 Esaie Couture Fashion Design School
Sewing on stretch fabrics can be intimidating for new and even experienced sewists. But it doesn't have to be. Whether you are totally new or you need a refresher, in this workshop we'll teach the basic steps to sew stretch fabrics. You don't even need any specialized equipment. We'll teach you on a regular sewing machine, so you can do it at home! Get to know the ins and outs. Gain confidence. Have fun!
Amber Jimenez-Garcia is a designer, maker and educator from the Inland Northwest. She has a Bachelors of Fine Arts degree from The California College of the Arts in San Francisco focused on fashion design and construction. She manages a fashion brand and works closely with various brands in New York to create clothing and accessories. Her passion for the hand made lead her to spend five years managing a high-end millinery company. She finds joy in sharing the wonderful world of sewing with students of all ages and experience levels and hopes her enthusiasm for making will spark a fire for creativity in her students.
12:00pm - 1:00pm
1:00pm - 2:00pm
1122 Coney Island Ave
2nd Floor, Suite 207