YOUR PROGRAM INCLUDES
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Study Planner App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Access 24/7 to online community
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
You will need high-speed internet access to begin your program. You will need access to a Microsoft® Windows® based computer running Windows XP® or later or an Apple® Mac® computer running OS X® or later, and an email account to complete your program
FASHION DESIGN PROGRAM
Esaie Couture Design School has developed these programs, powered by one of the world's top online learning institutions, for students to learn at their own pace and in the comfort of their own home. You will learn the core fundamentals and the essentials to your success in fashion.
FULL PROGRAM OUTCOME (Parts 1, 2 & 3)
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of fabrics, embellishments, colors, and style for each garment or accessory to the fashion design process
- Understand the processes and factors involved in fashion designing, production of textile materials, and purchasing materials from suppliers
- Identify the characteristics and properties of common fabrics and the fibers from which they're made, including details on care, cleaning, and how to handle these fabrics when sewing.
- Comprehend the basic principles of draping. Learn to use the supplies and equipment for draping fabric, in order to create various original designs directly in fabric.
- Know the general procedure, equipment, tools, and supplies for flat pattern designing of bodices, necklines, collars, sleeves, skirts and dresses
- Recognize different body types and the colors, lengths, silhouettes, and styles used to create a finished product that will flatter an individual's shape.
- Recognize the details of successfully managing a design business, including how to purchase professional sewing items, appropriately register a business, price finished products, and use good customer service as a marketing strategy.
- Display the skills involved with setting up your own workspace in Adobe Illustrator, including working with multiple art boards and preparing artwork, and explore drawing of basic shapes, drawing and painting complex artwork; working with gradient meshes, custom swatches, brushes, symbols, special effects, and type; combining text with graphics; using image trace and live color and drawings in perspective.
FASHION DESIGN, PT. 1
History of Fashion
Intro to the Fashion Industry
FASHION DESIGN, PT. 2
Fiber to Fabric
Draping for Fashion Design
FASHION DESIGN, PT. 3
Line and Design
Esaie Couture Design School
38 West 32nd Street, Suite 1012 (10th Floor)
New York, NY 10001