Men's Custom Jacket
© 2018 Esaie Couture Fashion Design School
38 West 32nd Street 10th Floor, Suite 1012
New York, NY 10001
This class is for those who are interested in developing the skills necessary for tailoring the custom-made jacket. Teaching starts from a very basic level. And since classes are small, students are given the opportunity to thoroughly develop and master the practical skills and knowledge necessary to work in the industry or to start businesses for themselves.
Upon completing this course and all assignments, qualified students will receive a certificate of completion to be used as recognition of training in the field. If starting a business, you'll receive advice to help you achieve success.
Whether 18 or 80 years old, it's never too early or too late to get your tailoring career going!
Tailor and instructor Ayao Agbeve was inspired to sew at a very young age. His great talent and work ethic landed him in charge of the alterations department at the US Embassy in his native Togo West Africa. Inspired, he opened his own design business making custom tailored clothing for men and women, before moving to the United States. Ayao speaks fluent French, Spanish and English. He is a great asset to the Esaie Couture Design School.
(non-refundable registration fee included)
$195 non-refudable registration fee
3 Monthly Installments
Saturday Afternoon Course
4:00pm - 6:30pm
Choose a 2018 Start Date
Oct 20th, 2018
- Preparation and Fabric Cutting
- Shaping and Tailoring the body of the jacket
- Jacket Fitting and Finishing
TOOLS & SUPPLIES
- 2.5 yards of menswear fabric
- Sewing supplies (Shears/scissors, tailors chalk, seam ripper, measuring tape, pins, hand needles, thimble)
- Pattern making rulers (L square, clear 18" grid ruler, Hip curve ruler, french curve)
- * Additional supplies needed will be explained by the instructor in class
- Or, some previous tailoring experience
Having trouble registering?
Toll Free 866-502-7865