© 2009-2016 Esaie Couture Fashion Design School
- Elastic Waist Skirt or Reusable Tote (projects alternate each week)
SKILLS & TECHNIQUES
- Stitches: Regular stitch, Zig Zag stitch, Back stitch, Topstitch
- Inserting an elastic or drawstring
- Hand and Machine hemming techniques
COURSE DURATION: One-time session, 4 hours
CLASSES RUN: Saturdays 1:30pm - 4:30pm
(new time slot as of May 2016)
FABRIC & SUPPLIES
- Students should bring cotton or denim fabric for a customized bag (bring 1 yard) or skirt (bring 2 yards). All other equipment and sewing supplies are available for use.
The "LEARN TO SEW IN A DAY" Series
By popular demand, LEARN TO SEW IN A DAY is back! This is the perfect workshop for all you super busy people who've always wanted to learn to sew, but just can't find the time for a long class. Or, for those who are brand new to sewing on a machine. Or, for those who just need a confidence-building, hand-holding refresher. It’s also a great stepping-stone for one of our other class offerings.
This project-based, one-time three-hour beginner sewing class teaches you sewing basics and will have you threading a machine, loading a bobbin and sewing straight or curved seams, in no time. You'll receive careful explanations and step-by-step instructions to assemble your project. And in four short hours later...you’ll walk out the door with a bag or a skirt made by you, in a day (1/2 a day, really!) Classes are small, so register as soon as possible and in advance, 'cause once it's full, it's full!
1. Scroll through the calendar
2. Look for class name
3. Choose a convenient Saturday date
(28% Off Limited-time Offer)
38 West 32nd Street, Suite 1012 (10th Floor)
New York, NY 10001
Toll Free 866-502-7865