BKLYN Beginner Hat Making Class!
In this 4-week millinery course, students will learn a new hat making skill each week, which they will be expected to practice at home and bring to the following class to share and discuss. This way, students will quickly master the techniques to complete one trending hat style. Each class will focus on a different hat style allowing students to make the pattern, construct and complete one hat in 4 weeks.
© 2016 Esaie Couture Fashion Design School
Amber Jimenez-Garcia is a designer, maker and educator from the Inland Northwest. She has a Bachelors of Fine Arts degree from The California College of the Arts in San Francisco focused on fashion design and construction. She manages a fashion brand and works closely with various brands in New York to create clothing and accessories. Her passion for the hand made lead her to spend five years managing a high-end millinery company. She finds joy in sharing the wonderful world of sewing with students of all ages and experience levels and hopes her enthusiasm for making will spark a fire for creativity in her students.
10:00am - 1:00pm
Feb 2nd (Pillbox)
Mar 2nd (Fascinator )
Mar 30th (Turban)
Apr 27th (Pillbox)
May 25th (Fascinator)
June 22nd (Turban)
July 20th (Pillbox)
- Silamide sewing thread, Gauge A
- Grosgrain Ribbon; #5 and #9
- Various fabrics (to be discussed in class)
- Teacher will advise fabric and pattern required during first class.
- Learn millinery terms and materials
- Learn fundamental hand sewing techniques
- Learn the techniques to create couture and trendy hat styles
- Learn to create unique floral and feather trims
- Explore fabric draping and manipulation
Having trouble registering?
Give us a call.