© 2018 Esaie Couture Fashion Design School
38 West 32nd Street, Suite 1012 (10th Floor)
New York, NY, 1001
Toll Free 866-502-7865
This intense but fun 4-week course meets in two back-to-back classes once per week. Students will learn the fundamentals of art design in the fashion industry. They will learn the importance of shape, light & shadow, color theory, garment illustration, and figure drawing through the exploration of different kinds of media such as pencils, color markers, architecture, graphics, collage and fabric. During this process, the students will learn how to apply the fundamentals to their own fashion designs and how to design a mini collection with flats and mood boards. Homework will be assigned, along with a final critique.
Having trouble registering?
Call us 212.564.2160
- Pencil media - drawing basic shapes, studying light and shadow
- Exploration and discussion of color theory, working with markers, pencils and collage
- Drawing garments and details - skirts, pants, dresses, etc
- Rendering fabrics with markers, color pencils and other media
- Drawing the fashion figure (part 1) and exploring the body shape
- Drawing the fashion figure (part 2) adding clothing onto the fashion figure
- Developing an 8 piece mini collection
COURSE DURATION: 4 weeks
PREREQUISITES: No experience needed. Open registration.
The extremely talented Daniel Mayorga studied Graphic Design and Illustration at Sacred Heart University. He also holds a degree in fashion design. Upon graduation, he interned at Kithe Brewster Inc., famous stylist to the stars. His clients ranged from Heidi Klum to Gwyneth Paltrow, Tyra Banks and the House Wives of Atlanta. Daniel is also an experienced and impassioned teacher, helping others achieve their fashion dreams.
SUNDAY EVENING CLASS
4:30pm - 7:30pm
CHOOSE A 2019 START DATE
MAR 10TH, 2019