FASHION DESIGN FUNDAMENTALS
Trend Forecasting, Collection Creation & Portfolio Presentation
© 2017 Esaie Couture Fashion Design School
This 4-week Fashion Design Fundamentals course is constructed for emerging designers. It allows students to get an overall understanding of the fundamentals required to begin a career as a fashion designer and understand and use the processes and tools professional designers use to create their collections. And what better way to understand the skills and knowledge needed to become a success than learning from a talented fashion designer? Students will be given a hands-on, realistic approach to the world of fashion.
Qualified students may continue on to the 6-Month Fashion Design course where they are afforded the opportunity to create their own garments, expand their portfolios and prepare themselves for a career in the fashion industry. Or, a designer with some experience in sewing, pattern-making and draping could choose to join our Launch Your Clothing Line Course.
SKILLS & TECHNIQUES
- Understand the fashion calendar and design process
- Understand market segments and target markets
- Gain knowledge in Fashion Research, Analysis & Projection
- Discover how to forecast style, fabric and color trends
- Learn where designers "shop the market" for inspiration
- Learn fundamental design principles
- Gain Fabrication and Color knowledge and trends
- Learn to create and use Fashion "flats" (hand drawn sketches)
- Learn fashion collection planning
- Mood boards and design board creation and presentation
COURSE DURATION: 2-hour lessons, 4 weeks (Once a week + lab time)
FABRIC & SUPPLIES
- Drawing pencils & erasers
- 3 current fashion magazines
Choose Your Start Date:
Sep 18th, 2017
Oct 16th, 2017
Nov 13th, 2017
Dec 11th, 2017
Jan 29th, 2018
Feb 26th, 2018
MONDAY EVENING CLASS
11:00am - 1:00pm
38 West 32nd St, 10th Flr, Suite 1012
38 west 32nd St
Having trouble registering?
Give us a call.