Fulfilling your fashion dreams and starting your own apparel collection is exciting...and a little scary too, to say the least! Nonetheless, having a clothing sample of your design made up for the first time is always a one-of-a-kind experience. Needless to say, the first time you see your clothing in a retail shop will make you feel truly special, and the first time you see a pedestrian walking around in an outfit YOU designed, your mind will be blown to bits! You're probably picturing it as you're reading this.
© 2016 Esaie Couture Fashion Design School
Esaie Couture Design School
1515 Church Ave, side entrance on E. 16th St
Brooklyn NY 11226
Toll Free 866-502-7865
black friday, holiday specials, holiday workshops, Classes, sewing classes, events in Brooklyn NY, fabric, Fabric Store , sewing studio, fun in Brooklyn, NY sewing classes, kids activities in NY, kids activities in Brooklyn, Kids Sewing Classes, Kings County, camps, Brooklyn sewing, sewing in NY, sewing lessons, sip and sew, woven patter, sewing, kids camp, teens, pre teens, tweens, afterschool program, fashion design, fashion, fashion sewing custom clothing, mens tailoring, tailoring course, seamstress, dress making, black friday specials
Mondays 10:00am - 1:00pm
(Registration fee included)
6 Installments of $583.33
Days Times, #:##xm - #:##xm
...luckily, you don't have to jump in without proper guidance and knowledge. This 6-month course covers everything from concept sketch to finished collection (including design, construction, manufacturing, branding and marketing, etc). Once the course is complete, you won't leave with only a piece of paper crediting your attendance; you'll leave with an entire collection of clothing made by YOU, ready to show at Fashion Week and sell!
DEVELOP YOUR COLLECTION WITH AN INDUSTRY VETERAN INSTRUCTOR/MENTOR
- Understand the fashion calendar/Design your line according to the fashion calendar
- Shop the market/Do market research for your line
- Forecast color, fabric and style trends
- Choose your market segment and target market
- Decide on your price points and budget, to develop your line
- Learn about the various channels of distribution. Then, choose one
- Find out where to source your fabrics and trim
- Find out where to get your production samples made
- Get help and direction to design, sketch, plan and merchandise your apparel line
- Create line lists and technical packages for each style, including specs and bill of materials
- Understand branding/Brand your line
- Develop your original pieces via draping and pattern making
- Fit and correct your muslin sample pieces
- Construct your final garments
- Optional: Trip to Paris to shop the market and attend Premiere Vision for the next season
- All qualified students will show at New York Fashion Week
Sandra is a very successful designer with many years experience working in both New York City and Paris, France (from which she hails). She studied fashion in Paris at the famous ESMOD International Fashion University. In Paris, she also launched her own fashion line, as well as held many design positions with other reputable Parisian companies. She is currently a design director at a major fashion company here in NYC, as well as our dedicated instructor.
"But WHERE do I start?"
"WHAT steps do I take?"
"HOW MUCH will it cost?"
"WHO will make my clothing?"
TOOLS & SUPPLIES
Since there are different modules each month, there will be supplies (and possibly textbooks required) for each new subject taught.
Teacher will advise supplies/books needed, as each monthly class approaches.
Basic fundamentals of pattern-making, draping, construction and illustration.