MEN'S & WOMEN'S ACTIVEWEAR SEWING
Stretch Fabric Sewing Class
This unisex class reveals the secrets you need to know to sew stretch knits like Sweat shirt fabric, Fleece, T-shirt/Jersey, Spandex and Lycra, etc. In each 5 week session you'll make a project like a Bathing Suit or a Hoodie or Joggers or Leggings. This class is great for those with some basic sewing experience but have never sewn stretch fabrics.
© 2017 Esaie Couture Fashion Design School
SKILLS & TECHNIQUES
- Learn about stretch fabrics and notions needed
- Learn to measure your body properly
- Learn to read and custom fit a commercial pattern
- Learn to prepare fabric for layout cutting and marking
- Learn construction techniques specific to stretch knits
- Learn proper finishing techniques
FABRIC & SUPPLIES
- Ballpoint sewing machine needles
- Teacher will advise fabric and pattern required during first class.
5:00pm - 7:00pm
Choose a start date
AMBER JIMENEZ-GARCIA is a designer, maker and educator from the Inland Northwest. She has a Bachelors of Fine Arts degree from The California College of the Arts in San Francisco focused on fashion design and construction. She manages a fashion brand and works closely with various brands in New York to create clothing and accessories. Her passion for the hand made lead her to spend five years managing a high-end millinery company. She finds joy in sharing the wonderful world of sewing with students of all ages and experience levels and hopes her enthusiasm for making will spark a fire for creativity in her students.
* NEW * BROOKLYN LOCATION!
1122 CONEY ISLAND AVE
2nd Floor, Suite 207
Brooklyn, NY, 11230
Having trouble registering?