6 Month STRETCH FABRIC SEWING COURSE
for Men and Women
Ath-Leisure is HOT right now!. And you can make a stretchy, trendy wardrobe for yourself, or others in this 6 month program. Learn all the tricks of the trade to make various form-fitting, body hugging, unisex garments using stretch knit fabrics like Fleece, Jersey, Spandex and Lycra, You'll make Long/Short Sleeve T-Shirts, Bathing Suit/Swim trunks, Hoodie or Sweatshirts, Joggers, Leggings or bike shorts, a Tank Dress/Tank Top, This class is great for those with some basic sewing experience but have never sewn stretch fabrics.
© 2016 Esaie Couture Fashion Design School
SKILLS & TECHNIQUES
- Learn about stretch fabrics and notions needed
- Learn to measure your body properly
- Learn to read and custom fit a commercial pattern
- Learn to prepare fabric for layout cutting and marking
- Learn construction techniques specific to stretch knits
- Learn proper finishing techniques
FABRIC & SUPPLIES
- Ballpoint sewing machine needles
- Teacher will advise fabric and pattern required during first class.
5:00pm - 7:00pm
AMBER JIMENEZ-GARCIA is a designer, maker and educator from the Inland Northwest. She has a Bachelors of Fine Arts degree from The California College of the Arts in San Francisco focused on fashion design and construction. She manages a fashion brand and works closely with various brands in New York to create clothing and accessories. Her passion for the hand made lead her to spend five years managing a high-end millinery company. She finds joy in sharing the wonderful world of sewing with students of all ages and experience levels and hopes her enthusiasm for making will spark a fire for creativity in her students.
* NEW * BROOKLYN LOCATION!
1122 CONEY ISLAND AVE
2nd Floor, Suite 207
Brooklyn, NY, 11230
Having trouble registering?
(Non-refundable registration fee included)
$195 Registration Fee
$266.66 (6 Monthly Payments)